Fresh Summer Beet Salad

I love summer because all the fresh organic produce becomes available and nutrients are at their peak! Eating large salads at night is something I always look forward to because I have lots of fun seeing what I can come up with. I recently came up with this salad, motivated by the beets and their sweet, creamy texture. This salad is by far one of my favourites and I will definitely be making it again! Read on to find out how to make your own fresh summer beet salad :)


Ingredients:
- Any kind of leafy lettuce (I eat around 1-2 pounds of greens, so you can downsize as you please)
- 3-4 dill cucumbers sliced finely (any cucumber will work, I just love dills)
- 1 zucchini chopped into cubes
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup sunflower sprouts
- 1 large beet, chopped into match sticks
- 1/2 avocado, diced into cubes
(I also added some herbs like dill, basil and cilantro! Just a few of each)

Toss around all the ingredients, and add a simple salad dressing like blended orange and dill, or a simple squirt of lemon, some cumin and hemp seed oil (a teaspoon or so). I normally don't put anything on my salads except some lemon and hemp seed oil every now and then. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 

Meet The Author

Carly is a blogger, raw vegan, and nutrition enthusiast! She emphasizes healthy eating through a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds. Carly has taken her life-long passion of helping others and combined it with her passion for eating whole, raw foods, as a means to teach people to become more aware of the foods they eat. She has inspired and motivated thousands of individuals to critically think about what they put in their movies and to move towards a mind-set that helps them increase their consumption of fresh fruit and vegetables. She enjoys reading, and learning about the body, food processing mechanisms and has a keen interest in detox and life regeneration. "Eat fruit, and be happy and energized. Eat greens and other mineral dense vegetables and feel calm and steady. A recipe for good health!"

Twitter Updates