Do you suffer from excess mucus in the body? Excessive mucus is a sign that the body is in a state of agitation. Excess mucus can come from toxins, pollutants, food additives, allergies, and is often associated with the respiratory system, the gastrointestinal system and lymphatic system.
The two main foods which cause excessive mucus build-up in the body are dairy and wheat. Casein in dairy products (milk, yogurt, cheese, etc.) and gluten in wheat require strong stomach acids for digestion. Once digestion is complete, there are still many left-over food particles which are too big to be used by the body. This results in partly-digested food particles which putrefy and become coated with thick mucus to prevent further putrefaction in the intestines.
The North American diet is mainly made up of wheat and dairy products, resulting in a body that is in a constant state of fighting off a sort of foreign "viral invasion" (the body gets confused about these products that are entering it, and thus naturally protects itself by fighting these food particles - a way similar to how it would fight off other foreign things like bacteria and viruses).
Here are 7 reasons why you may want to drink this juice:
1. You suffer from a chronic cough that won't go away
2. You are currently experiencing mucus from a cold and/or flu
3. You wake up with puffy and crusty eyes in the morning
4. Bad breath throughout the day (even after brushing teeth)
5. You have a constant stuffy nose
6. Your senses are dulled (you require lots of salt to make food "taste good")
7. Your senses are not sharp - your mind is foggy and thinking clearly is difficult
Did you know that radishes are one of the best foods for cleansing out mucus from the body? Use this juice to help clear mucus, and reduce, or completely eliminate the amount of wheat and dairy products you are consuming (try this out for a week or two and notice the difference!)
- 2 bunches of radishes (or 2 cups daikon radish - any type of radish will work)
- 2 apples
- 6 stalks celery
- 3 inches ginger root
- 1 lemon
Juice the above ingredients in a juicer such as the Omega 8006 & Serve!