I made this recipe last night and it was to die for! This creamy, raw vegan caramel apple dip will satisfy every tastebud lurking on your tongue! You can even use this as a sweet dip for vegetables like cucumber and celery.
The two main players of this recipe are figs and dates - these two fruit provide our bodies with numerous benefits like potassium to power us throughout the day, and iron to help build strong healthy blood and fight off any chance of developing anemia. Figs also help lower high blood pressure and are incredibly high in calcium which means stronger bones and less chance of developing osteoporosis sometime later in life.
Go ahead and get blending! You won't be disappointed :)
- 6 pitted medjool dates, soaked for 30 minutes
- 6 dried figs, soaked for 30 minutes
- 1 ripe persimmon
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger
- optional: dash cayenne (this goes quite well!)
- coconut water to vary thickness of dip
- optional: crushed nuts like cashews and almonds or hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds
1. Remove soak water from figs and medjool dates and put into a blender
2. Add persimmon, ginger, and cayenne, and a little bit of coconut water to start
3. Blend on high speed until well blended, and add more coconut water to make it thinner if you please
4. Dip your favourite fruit into the caramel dip, such as apples, pineapple, or vegetables like cucumber or celery sticks! You can also coat the newly dipped fruit or vegetables with some nuts and seeds if you please!