Ready to blast your body with immune strengthening antioxidants? This super fruit salad will help achieve just that! Say good-bye to winter colds and flus, and say hello to supreme radiant health! Enjoy this fruit salad for breakfast, lunch, or as a pre-dinner snack.
Raspberries contain a compound called ellagic acid which is a compound with anti-cancer benefits. Berries, in general, have also been found to increase our levels of "good" HDL cholesterol, and lower blood pressure. In addition, strawberries are incredibly high in vitamin C - just one serving of strawberries (1/2 cup) provides you with 50% of your RDA of vitamin C. This recipe contains 1 cup of strawberries, providing you with all your vitamin C needs for the day! (this recipe also includes many other fruits with high vitamin C levels, meaning your immune system will be 100% ready to fight off any nasty bugs that might enter your body this winter season).
- 1 cup fresh or frozen organic strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen organic cherries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen organic raspberries
- 2 organic oranges, peeled and cut into cubes
- 4 organic kiwi, cut into triangles, skin left on the outside (if organic!)
- Optional: fresh wild cherries or gooseberries
Incorporate the above fruit into a big bowl, and toss with the date sauce below if you please:
- 5 dates, pitted and soaked in 1 cup young thai coconut water (or regular water) for 10-15 minutes
- 1/2 tsp. fresh vanilla
- 1 inch ginger root (or 1/2 tsp. dried ginger powder)
Blend the above into a thin paste (add more water if needed) and coat fruit!