Who doesn't love mint chocolate chip ice cream? As one of my favourite flavours growing up as a kid, it slightly disappointed me when I came to the realization that I could no longer indulge in this masterful flavour combination. That realization quickly halted after about 30 seconds, because I realized that recreating this ice cream in raw vegan form, really wasn't that hard.
In fact, this recipe is probably THE BEST mint chocolate chip ice cream I have ever had the chance of experiencing. The hint of banana and revitalizing punch of the fresh mint leaves brings this ice cream to a whole other level! Plus it has the added benefit of real, raw, living enzymes available in every single ingredient! Energize, and get rid of crabby moods with tryptophans and B vitamins in the banana, mineralize with the medjool dates, and deodorize your body with mint!
You can create this recipe with a blender, and if you want to take to the next level (soft-serve like ice cream texture), run the mixture through a juicer!
- 3 ripe spotty bananas
- 1/4 cup mint juice (I took 2 cups of mint and juiced it - otherwise, if you don't have a juicer, you can just blend in the mint leaves with the bananas in the blender)
- 5 pitted medjool dates
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean powder
- 2 tbsp. carob powder
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
Instructions (if you do NOT have a masticating juicer such as the Omega or Champion Juicer):
1. Freeze your spotty bananas overnight (or use frozen bananas if you already have)
2. Blend frozen bananas, mint juice or mint leaves, medjool dates, vanilla bean powder and carob powder on high speed, or until fully blended
3. Stir in cacao nibs & enjoy!
Instructions (if you DO have a masticating juicer like the Omega or Champion Juicer):
1. In a high speed blender, blend the bananas, mint leaves or mint juice, dates, vanilla powder, and carob powder.
2. Take this mixture and freeze in a baggie overnight
3. Take frozen banana-mint mix and run through the juicer to create a soft-serve type ice cream
4. Stir in cacao nibs & enjoy!